The American Society
Marriage License Requirements
- You do not need to be a resident of Florida to get a Marriage License.
- You must be over the age of 18yrs to apply without parental consent. Unless you have been previously married & divorced. You must however provide a certified copy of the final judgment as proof.
- The application fee is $88.50 that can be paid by cash, credit card or money order. Personal checks are not accepted.
- A drivers License, certified copy of Birth Certificate, Military ID Card, State issued ID Card or Passport must be presented at the time of application. Your Social Security Card must also be provided if you are from the USA. For foreign visitors, the number off your Drivers License can be used.
Florida couples that complete a 4 hour marriage preparation course will receive $32.50 reduction off the License Fee. Contact the Clerk of Court for specific details.
For Future additional Copies
- Couples who do not wish to take the course must wait 3 days for the application to be processed.
- Out of state residents can receive their Marriage License straight away (no waiting period required)
- The Marriage License will be effective from the date on the License to Marry Form and must be used within 60days from that date.
- Officials must have the Marriage License before they can solemnize the marriage.
- The official performing the ceremony/solemnizing the Marriage will complete the Marriage License then return it to the Clerk of Court within 10days. Official Records will record the license and the original is sent to the Office of Vital Statistics in Jacksonville, Florida. A Certified Copy of the Marriage license is then sent to the couple either in the USA or Overseas.
- Additional copies can be requested for a $2 fee per copy.
- Blood tests are no longer required.
Write to: Orange County Controllers Office, Att Official Records Department, PO Box 38, Orlando, Florida, 32802 or 401 S. Rosalind Avenue, Orlando, Florida, 32802
This must be performed in the state of Florida and performed/solemnized by a NOTARY PUBLIC of Florida, Judge, Licensed or Ordained Minister, Church Elder or Deputy Clerk.
Where to Apply for the License
- Licenses are issued at most offices Monday- Friday from 8.30am until 4.30pm.
- Call ahead incase of changes.
- Offices are usually closed for Public Holidays.
Osceola County - Kissimmee
Osceola County Court House
2 Courthouse Square
Orange County - Orlando
Orange County Court House
425 N. Orange Avenue, Room 355
450 North Lakemont Avenue
376 Wilshire Blvd